Video: Behind The Scenes of ‘Nothing’

• 10.30.10
  • 32 comments
  • Category: News

Check out the concepts and ideas behind N*E*R*D’s 4th studio album, NOTHING.

Directed and Shot by Doug Spangenberg.
Edited by Anderson Bradshaw.

32 Comments to Video: Behind The Scenes of ‘Nothing’

• Hopie

October 10, 2010 at 12:45am

Just fantastic. I love the philosophy… One of my resolutions for the year was to not take things so seriously, so I can dig it.:idea:

• @dopeyemi

October 10, 2010 at 12:46am

thank you guys!!
    Y’all are the reason my production group exist honestly & pls keep the music coming and make growth in it..
    Thanks.

• Iris Andrews

October 10, 2010 at 1:00am

CAN’T WAIT TO BUY THE ALBUM!

• Matthew Murtos

October 10, 2010 at 1:13am

Very cool guys, looks like you had an awesome time making the album. Can’t wait for Tuesday when Nothing drops. Love the message you guys deliver. Also just wanted to say I had a great time meeting you at RSVP, hopefully we’ll see eachother again sometime soon.

• Limit

October 10, 2010 at 1:42am

You’ll see me soon Pharrell, watch out. I’m coming up.

• Brittany Auzenne

October 10, 2010 at 1:42am

Wow. :eek:

• Gabrielle Pauling

October 10, 2010 at 1:45am

Yo, who edited that video…It was so dope and well done…

• Gwen Bunn

October 10, 2010 at 2:34am

Love your work!

• S.Donuts

October 10, 2010 at 2:39am

running into N*E*R*D + Fam-Lay riding backwards on bicycles would be one of the most random experiences imaginable. :lol:

• LP & The StarlightPhonics

October 10, 2010 at 7:16am

Im definitely feeling the concept behind this album. The thing I love about N.E.R.D is every album is fresh, its new and it always lifts the soul. Stay blessed.

• Jem

October 10, 2010 at 9:43am

N-E-R-D shows that music is still full of geniuses!

• Fernando

October 10, 2010 at 9:54am

Hey Guys, great shots. Will you film here in São Paulo next week? Can´t hardly wait.

• Oasis(US)

October 10, 2010 at 9:56am

Great creativity and song concepts… Keep up the GREAT work Star Trak for Life!!!!

• mark

October 10, 2010 at 9:57am

that was a great taste of things to come november 2nd…..i’m hyped now

• Jennifer Victoria Juliana

October 10, 2010 at 11:43am

Please come back to Holland!!!
    PLEASE

• Kwamwei

October 10, 2010 at 2:30pm

Dope chronicle & story board of song roster for the upcoming album. I appreciate the subtle anecdotes of consciousness….it is what keeps music alive.

Kwamwei

• taylor young

October 10, 2010 at 4:24pm

i love n.e.r.d im their biggest fan in DC!!!!!!!! ahh this was amazing

• CJ

October 10, 2010 at 4:53pm

…Amazing…that’s all I have to say. Been a N*E*R*D fan for years and cannot wait until the 2nd for this album. I’ve been waiting for this since “Instant Gratification”

• Mac Rockstar

October 10, 2010 at 5:40pm

I just so happen to catch this video in the studio and I had to stop what I was doing to watch it. Keep on inspiring guys, I dont no where I would be if I didn’t see yall, Yezzy and Lupe in concert. Just please continue to inspire.

• Arthur

October 10, 2010 at 6:42pm

Could we have more of these type of videos please, cause this is just rockin’
    Coming from Holland, it’s so funny to watch you guys in Amsterdam riding those bikes. This is cool stuff man, thanks for the video.

I hope there will be another video like this, but instead of showing the concerts, I would like to see the studio process.

Keep doin what you doing, keep rocking.

• B

October 10, 2010 at 11:05pm

loved the video. i would definitely love to see more like it. thanks for making me excited about music again.

• Christian

October 10, 2010 at 7:31am

Hi N*E*R*D!

I have just been listening to the 30 sek preview of the album on itunes, and i watched this video! DAMN it sounds great! In my opinion the best record(so far)!
    I’ve seen you twice in Denmark, both great shows!
    Take care!
    Love from the little country of denmark (:

• Ankelz

November 11, 2010 at 6:17pm

Wow. Tomorrow is the start of a new day.

• Justin

November 11, 2010 at 6:24pm

All this Europe footage reminds me of my time there this past summer. It would have been so amazing to see you guys over there. Thanks for coming to San Diego last week!

• Wayne Tennant

November 11, 2010 at 1:13am

I am truly inspired by the music you guys create and appreciate the fact that you put the time in to create such inspiring music. I wish you guys continured success. This really puts the fire in me to continue creating on my own path in :surprised:own bubble of music.

Wayne Tennant:wink:

• Marcelo Moss

November 11, 2010 at 2:19am

Brazil on Friday, the eager fans

Victory is the best song from Nothing, The limit is the sky…

Tickets are expensive, many fans can not go to the show … sad. Come do a show just NERD, not with other artists … Disclose here in Brazil, many still do not know them. See you on TV

• Lauritha

November 11, 2010 at 2:16pm

:rolleyes: pharrell is only the best :redface::wink:

• Fernando Fly

November 11, 2010 at 11:15pm

astronaut suits by the BBC

• Caitlin

November 11, 2010 at 7:12am

Really like the fact that no one can ever ‘label’ your music.. It’s everything, and

Nothing

• liron

November 11, 2010 at 5:56pm

Pharrell, You’ve inspired me soo much by your creativity work and by your knowledge and interests of knowing and wanting to know and learn many sorts of topics in the world.
    I think it’s great how you combin all of what you’ve learned from your experience and built it to one subject.
    I wish i could not only be inspired by seeing you but also by meeting you in person, that would mean a lot to me.
    Liron.
    Come to ISRAEL !!! :biggrin::mrgreen::biggrin:

• William Cha$e

November 11, 2010 at 10:16pm

Hey Pharrell & Chad…I would like to thank yall for the beautiful and inspiring music you have been sharing with for these many years. You two inspire me as a musician, music producer, and fan of music myself. I love the new NERD album and hope you continue to bring us more n.e.r.d albums and the music we have grown on love with yall productions. Oh and can’t forget Shae lol u da man. “Oh no hands I love the way you dance” lamo

• Lateefah

November 11, 2010 at 9:44pm

Wow, its about time I saw Shay’s personality, it makes him pretty attractive! :smile:

I LOVE LONDON AND NERD!!! If I worked for them I could travel there… best of both worlds!:mrgreen:

Pharrell + Lupe = a dynamic duo!! two of my favorite artists! :wink: